The Gossip-Free Workplace
What are your workplace conversations like? Do they contribute to collaboration and respect or to rumors and cliques? This workshop identifies the causes and consequences of rumours and gossip and explores the steps that managers, supervisors and employees can take to create a rumour and gossip-free workplace. Participants learn to apply the GUT test (Good, Useful and Truthful). What is your gut telling you?
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- describe the difference between rumours and gossip
- describe the difference between idle chitchat and damaging office gossip
- describe the impact of rumours and gossip on individuals, teams and the working environment
- discuss the underlying reasons why office gossip exists in their environment
- identify the steps that managers, supervisors and employees can take to create a rumour and gossip-free workplace
- practice behaviours to break the gossip cycle
This workshop can be delivered in 60 minutes, 90 minutes or 1/2 day.