Influencing Difficult People
Difficult people have learned that their approach helps them get their way. It seems that this small number of difficult people causes most of the stress in our lives, robbing us of our productivity and satisfaction. Our usual responses only seem to make it worse. In this interactive workshop, participants will develop the skills and responses needed to deal with these patterns more effectively and productively. Read testimonials about this workshop.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- discuss the six assumptions that lead to successful interactions with difficult people
- discuss the difference between influencing behavior and changing people
- relate how style preferences can cause difficulties around:
- responding to people
- pacing activity
- follow the four steps to influence difficult situations:
- identify options
- take action
- own Your choice
- identify techniques to manage your stress, anger and respond appropriately
- conduct a “carefrontation”
- develop personal action plans to influence the difficult people in your life
This workshop can be delivered in 60 minutes, 90 minutes, 1/2 day or a full day.