PRESENCE of Mind
In today’s workplace, there are few simple situations and even fewer simple solutions. We are constantly dealing with an abundance of information, differing values and beliefs, our own biases and assumptions and multiple perspectives. Despite these complexities, we go about making decisions and taking action without consciously thinking about how those decisions were made. This approach to thinking and making decisions puts us at risk of making flawed and/or poorly reasoned decisions that can have a significant impact on all areas of our lives. Critical thinking works. By applying critical thinking to our thought processes, we will ultimately make better decisions and fewer mistakes.
Watch videos about critical thinking on our PRESENCE of Mind playlist on YouTube.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- identify barriers to critical thinking
- explain the benefits of applied critical thinking
- describe an 8-step process for working through critical issues, including tools to:
- withhold personal judgment and bias
- examine an issue from all sides
- make rational inferences
- generate well-reasoned decisions
- apply PRESENCE of Mind to a variety of critical issues, personal and organizational
- create your own action plan for developing your critical thinking skills
This workshop can be delivered in 90 minutes, 1/2 day or a full day.