Planning for the succession of your organization is a key leadership function that focuses on all issues relating to your organization’s continuity. Succession planning is unique in that everyone in the organization is potentially impacted by your succession plan and therefore has a vested interest in the outcome. This creates a planning environment that is complicated and emotionally charged. You will explore the key succession planning questions from a variety of perspectives and examine how decisions made from one perspective impact or influence the decisions in other perspectives. Succession planning is everybody’s business.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- assess options for planning to plan
- formulate an approach to succession planning using questions from their perspective
- identify the potential impact of the answers to the succession planning question from others’ perspective
- develop plans to successfully navigate the succession planning environment
- prepare for the effect of the loss of organizational leadership and knowledge
- analyze the impact of succession planning on management control – in and on the business
This workshop can be delivered in a full day.