Train the Trainer
New expectations require that we not only share our experience, but that we train others in a manner that ensures a transfer of knowledge and/or skills to those who will utilize what they learn to change their behaviour on the job. In order to increase our skills and confidence in our role as trainers, we will investigate how best to identify training needs, plan our training and how we can use the learner centered approach to create a climate conducive to learning.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- identify the role of the facilitator
- relate the principles of adult education to the process of creating a climate conducive to learning
- identify strategies to create a climate conducive to learning
- outline strategies for dealing with common problem situations that can arise in class
- understand the importance of knowing your audience
- discuss the seven deadly sins of facilitation
This workshop can be delivered in 1 day or 2 days.